Payday loans are short-term loans — typically in relatively small amounts — designed to help people cover unexpected emergencies or expenses. Understanding your options when it comes to online payday loans and alternatives can help you make the best financial choice for you or your family when you’re faced with such a situation.
Keep reading to find out more about online loans and what the best “payday loan” is.
In this post, we will review the following:
- Are there legit online loans?
- What is the easiest loan to get approved for?
- What is the best online payday loan?
Are There Legit Online Loans?
Yes, many legitimate lenders offer loans online. You can find options for personal, car, mortgage and student loans online, and many major banks now offer some services in fully digital formats to meet their customers’ needs.
At the same time, there are definitely online loan scams, and it’s important to be aware of potential red flags to avoid those. Some red flags include:
- Confusing fee structures. Legitimate lenders provide ample documentation that spells out fees, interest and all costs associated with a loan. They’re also available to answer questions to ensure you understand the costs. If a lender doesn’t seem willing to talk about these factors or is providing you with explanations that seem purposefully confusing and dense, it’s a potential red flag.
- Loans offered via email or phone when you didn’t apply. If you didn’t apply for or express interest in a loan, look at these offers with suspicion. That’s especially true if they seemed to come at just the right time when you needed them most. Scammers often troll social media and other outlets to find people who might need money badly. They then contact these individuals with a too-good-to-be-true offer in a bid to steal money or get personal information that can be used for identity theft.
- Online lenders who aren’t registered in your state. If a lender isn’t registered in your state, it should not be offering you a loan.
- Requests that you immediately wire money. Legitimate lenders will not demand that you wire money to a specific person immediately or request deposits in the form of nontraditional payments like gift cards.
What Is the Easiest Online Loan to Get Approved for?
The easiest loan to get approved for is one you’re qualified for. Take time to research online loans, looking for information about credit, income and other requirements. Some common requirements include:
- Having an address in a specific area. Wise Loan, for example, can offer loans in Delaware, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin. If you’re outside of the states Wise Loan is licensed to provide loans in, we won’t be able to approve you for a loan.
- A certain credit score. Many lenders have a minimum credit score requirement. If your credit score falls below that requirement, they may automatically deny you. Wise Loan doesn’t require good credit and works with people with all types of credit histories, helping them build credit by reporting timely payments on Wise Loan loans to two of the three major credit bureaus.
- Appropriate income. You should always ensure you have enough income to make the payments on any loan you take out. Many lenders ask for proof of income to ensure this is the case.
- A checking or savings account. Online loans are typically funded with a transfer to your checking or savings account. If you don’t have one of these accounts, you may not be able to receive funds even if you could be approved for the loan.
- Photo ID. In most cases, you do have to prove your identity by uploading a picture of an approved form of photo ID.
What Are the Best Online Payday Loans?
When it comes to the best online payday loans, there are various providers that each have their advantages. That is why Direct Payday Loans highlights a number of online lenders for payday loans 24/7, so that you can see the differences between reliable online payday loans lenders.
As the name suggests, BadCreditLoans is a popular lending marketplace for low-income and poor credit individuals. Their intuitively designed website is unique and user-friendly, allowing users to navigate and apply easily for a loan. All you need to do is fill out a simple encrypted form that asks for your location and salary.
Once submitted, your loan request is shared with a vast network of lenders willing to approve loan amounts ranging from $500 to $10,000. You may even receive offers from multiple lenders, which allows you to compare and choose the best loan plan which can be deposited in your account within 1-2 business days.
The best part is that there are no minimum credit score requirements, and you are free to customize APRs, loan amounts, and repayment plans to receive personalized offers. Let’s also not forget about the valuable content on the BadCreditLoans website that educates the users about the prevalent scams and their prevention.
In case you’re looking for a verified payday lending platform that offers loan amounts as little as $100, 247FastFunds is an exceptional option. Although you must have a monthly income level above $1000, 247FastFunds doesn’t charge fees to access the website.
The lending platform has an extensive network of lenders, which increases the chances of receiving multiple offers. The unique feature of 247FastFunds is the quick application process, which allows borrowers to receive a cash deposit within 24 hours.
Since its launch in 2010, MoneyMutuals has taken pride in serving almost 2 million Americans. Although the lending platform provides small loan amounts ranging from $200-$5000, it’s ideal for borrowers seeking little funds to cover an emergency.
What’s more? The lending platform has relaxed qualification criteria, enabling even bad credit borrowers to qualify for a payday loan. The simplistic website design ensures that users can fill out the loan application within a few minutes.
The best part? MoneyMutuals website has a Norton 256 encryption, which bridges vulnerable website leaks. To apply, you can select the loan amount using the intuitive sliding feature and get funds processed within 24 hours. Plus, the minimum income criteria is quite low, just over $800 per month.
Oh, and you cannot miss the professional customer care service at MoneyMutuals accessible via email or phone. In addition, the website has a detailed FAQ section to resolve standard queries. Nonetheless, the transparent business practices and top-notch user experience make MoneyMutuals a customer favorite.
Launched in 2018, Pheabs has become a popular payday lending platform, serving almost 2,000 customers daily. The distinguishing feature of Pheabs is that the lending platform can offer loan amounts up to a whopping $35,000.
You can even get an extended repayment period, which may make it easier to arrange finances and pay off the Loan. Although connecting a bad credit borrower with a lender is difficult, Pheabs make sure that everyone receives a lucrative offer. Moreover, the minimum monthly income limit of $800 and the quick five-minute application form allow borrowers to increase their chances of receiving loan offers.
Zippy Loan is another trustworthy lending platform that provides the largest loan amounts range, where $100 is the minimum, and $15,000 is the maximum. However, remember that the credit score requirement for a $15,000 loan amount will be remarkably high. If you fail to demonstrate your ability to pay back, you’ll only receive a limited small loan offer.
In case of a bad credit score, Zippy Loan will connect you to lenders that help strengthen your credit score. The usual repayment term for a small loan is 2-4 weeks, but it may increase with the loan amount.
CashUSA is another trusted payday lending platform that connects potential borrowers with lenders offering loan amounts ranging from $500-$10,000. The unique feature of CashUSA is that you can get payday loans at reasonable interest rates ranging from 6% to 36% APR.
Even if you don’t receive an offer, the platform connects you with institutions offering debt relief and credit repair services. Plus, if your credit score is promising, you can get a payday loan for more than one month. As a result, you don’t have to panic about paying off the loan within a week or so.
Another noteworthy feature of CashUSA is the Education center – a hub of personal finance blogs and loan arrangements. So, if you need to learn about managing finances better, CashUSA is the best place to start.